Motion Design specialises in automation, business software development and machine building, with long-term customers in a number of industries both in New Zealand and abroad.
With the expansion of business, we’re now looking to hire a Full Stack Java/Kotlin Developer to complement our existing skillsets. The right candidate will be part of a great team, will be constantly learning on the job and will have a drive to implement only high-quality code. Your technical ability will be driven by a hunger to learn, taking ownership of the work and you will always do your best with the resources provided.
We are looking for a good team player and communicator, a go-getter who is passionate about software technologies. You will get to work with some of the best technologies in the industry, have a dedicated growth plan, a fun team, lots of learning opportunities, free parking, alpacas and sheep as pets and a rural location which means you will drive against the flow of traffic – no more bumper to bumper!
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using Java/Kotlin (personal or commercial projects)
- Working experience of databases and knowledge of SQL, (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Proper understanding of version control processes and tools for GIT
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
Nice to have
- Spring framework
- Ability to read, review or develop frontend components in React
- Tomcat server side as well as swing and JavaFX standalone applications
- Working in an Agile environment
- Projects involving made-to-order construction materials from order receipt to dispatch involving a range of technologies and complexities
- Work with enterprise scale technology development stack without the hassles of working in an enterprise
So, if you think you have what we want and are looking for a new challenge then apply today on Seek. with some examples of your recent work. Please note, only candidates with the right to work in NZ will be considered for this position.